9.8.14

Splendour Day 7


This is probably the only photo that actually has everyone who was in the group in the photo, and it's not even a photo of us. This is Pads' Splendour shirt, probably the best souvenir you could have. This is the last day of Splendour 2014, make it count.




Spent a good hour getting braided by the campsite hair stylist Kady.






Seriously fell so head over heels in love with these cornrows. 




My two best friends looking amazing.



Off duty model









Kimono
 / UNIF
Dress / Milk & Honey
Shoes / Dr Martens








































We headed in to the festival around lunch time, and headed straight to the noodle bar. I got Laksa, Saya got Lemongrass and they were both amazing. Could not have finished if we tried. The boys got our leftovers.



After the noodles we watched Golden Features and Saya then left us for Mikhael Paskalev who was pretty spectacular I have heard. Luke and I spent the rest of the day hanging out and then we met up with everyone at Grouplove. Didn't really know them that well but they truly blew me away. And I think they were pretty blown away playing at the Amphitheatre stage.


The group then went their separate ways, Saya and I went and got food. I think my biggest regret about Splendour was not eating enough food during the festival. We tried to make up from it on Sunday but it just wasn't enough. For dinner I had sweet potato nachos and Saya had breakfast muesli. The people next to us left a donut behind. As you can see they only took one bite. I may or may not have stolen this donut. And I may or may not have been so happy about getting a free Byron Bay organic donut that I forgot to look where the bite had been taken and ended up eating the whole thing. No regrets.


Outfit change for the night. Saya's most amazing Japan jumper ever, and Topshop thigh high socks.



On the last night the Silent Disco only cost $5 or $10 compared to $30 it cost for the rest of the festival. We didn't do it, but if it is around next year, definitely go on the last night.






We decided to do something different and we went to Dr Sketchy's Anti Art School at the Global Village. It was pretty interesting.



We tried drawing eachother without looking at what we were drawing, it was a good time. After this we were walking to meet up with everyone before Foster the People and got harassed by two jerks on acid, that was not a good time. But we got away quickly and found everyone.


We only stayed for a couple of songs and then were rushing to see Ben Howard. Who took 20min to start and finished early. I had been so excited to see Ben Howard so I was pretty upset that I didn't get to see a full set. Plus he didn't play "Only Love" and Luke had to leave halfway through because he was leaving early the next morning. So Ben Howard didn't really live up to my expectations. But I will still count it as another tick on my Live Music Bucket List.


Lily Allen was the last act we saw at Splendour and she really did blow me away. Was never really that interested in her but now I am mildly obsessed. Such a babe and I love everything she stands for. So happy I get to see her live again when I see Miley Cyrus. #bangerz





Ended Splendour with a bang at the Teepee Forest. Was the best night, and had the most fun I have had in a very long time. 


Splendour seriously delivered the goods this year. I hope every year just keeps getting better and better, because this year was fantastic. This whole week had just been perfect. I wouldn't have changed a single moment.
Tomorrow begins the long drive home with our tails between our legs, devastated that we have to wait a whole year until we can do this again.




#splendourinthegrass
#SITG2014

erica

No comments:

Post a Comment