8.4.15

XIII. FujiQ


This is just me being equal parts ecstatic and terrified about going to FujiQ!! It was a descent train trip there but it was so worth it.



It was pretty early in the morning and we hadn't been able to eat breakfast. This was my breakfast that day and as cute as it looks it tasted awful. It was some sort of chocolate croissant. Also, I took this photo on the train. The trains there have wooden floors. Well some of them do. By this point in time we were freezing. We had entered snow country. At the station where I bought that croissant thing I also bought a hot chocolate from this super amazing robot vending machine and it still to this day is the best hot chocolate I have ever drunk. 





This was the first ride we went on, Eejanaika. This roller coaster had the highest total number of spins in the world. After looking at online reviews we had found this one to be the scariest, which meant we had to go on it first. We thought we were sitting at the back, turns out we were at the front and the ride goes backwards. See in the above picture how there is a little drop and then it goes higher up. We had that little drop and everyone sighed with that slight bit of relief. Then it takes you up again and you drop. It literally spins you so you are facing the ground while you are falling. It kind of gives you the feeling of jumping off a building. This was a terrifying and amazing way to start the day. I still have flashbacks to the feeling of that first drop. 


We were holding eachothers hands so tight on that ride.







This was the second rollercoaster we went on, Takabisha. This coaster had the steepest drop in the world at 121 degrees. It held you at the top on this awkward tilt for a little while, and then you drop. It feels like a free fall. Also terrifying. I think this was the ride where they took the photo at the wrong time so everyone is basically just looking and no one was actually scared yet.




It was a really clear day. We were really lucky because apparently it is usually really hard to see Mount Fuji. It was so spectacular. Especially when you were looking at it from the tops of the rollercoasters. 












This was the last big rollercoaster we went on that night. I am not going to lie, this was the most terrifying for me. I think it was mainly because we went in to this with no expectations or knowledge of what was different about this rollercoaster. We thought it was just a standard rollercoaster. Nope. This was Fujiyama, the King of Rollercoasters with a record breaking height of 79m. We found that out when we were actually on the ride. It just kept going higher and higher. It got to a point where we had risen above all the other rollercoasters in the park. This was where I started to get crazy anxious. I do not do heights very well, and this was way too high for me. I think this was the only ride that while I was on I actually wish I could have gotten off. But it eventually got to the top and then it all kicked on. I did not expect this. I was not prepared for this. It went up and down so many times, I know that sounds ridiculous when describing a roller coaster but I really have no other way to tell you how it felt. Looking at the website now I can see that it gets to a top speed of 130km/h, sweet jesus. After we got off this roller coaster I had been so shaken up I needed a break. The other roller coasters had been fine but after this one my stomach was so upside down. 



This was our chill ride. Nagashimasuka was a rapid river water ride that wasn't that chill but compared to everything else it was exactly what we needed. It was also pretty hilarious watching guys being 'too cool' for ponchos then seeing them later getting off the ride soaking wet. Which actually would be horrible considering it was freezing cold. You can tell it's cold by the snow casually sitting on the ground.


Word of advice, don't get dipping dots if it is freezing cold. They are very hard to eat.



This ended up being the last ride/ attraction we went on that day because everything shuts at 2pm I think. We deadset were the last couple of people let in to line up before they closed the gates. We did wait in line for 2 hours which kind of sucked.



Just a lovely dude giving his girlfriend a break from standing in heels all day. But to be fair, why would you go to a theme park in heels? This attraction was the Super Scary Labyrinth of Fear. It doesn't sound scary but it is actually the longest and scariest haunted house in the world. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who is planning to go to FujiQ one day. This was one of the highlights of my day. It was super scary, and it would have been a lot more if the Japanese girls in front of us would have shut up and stopped making dumb noises. Sorry rant over, they did kind of ruin it for me though. But other then those nuisances, this maze was pretty great and I would 10/10 recommend you go and do it if you can. This is just something I can't really explain, you just have to go and experience it for yourself.













We got really lucky. Look how amazing it is! Imagine it with all those cherry blossoms in full bloom!! Dying to visit Japan again in cherry blossom season.









You don't pass up an opportunity to selfie with Mount Fuji. So ashamed of myself for saying that, but it's true.











We said our goodbyes to Mount Fuji and FujiQ and to the snow. The snow I miss most of all. We didn't see it again for the rest of that trip. This was one of my favourite days in Japan. And one of the days I can vividly remember most things. Especially how cold Saya and I were whilst waiting for our connecting train at the middle of nowhere station. I don't think I have ever been colder then what I was on that train platform.



Bought our dinner at the train station on the way home. This was my pretty good meal. I would say killer but some parts were pretty sub par. But seriously missing how cheap food was in Japan. And if you tell me it's expensive then you are going to the wrong places. I hope you all can visit roller coaster heaven one day, it is an adrenalin junkies paradise. Next stop, Six Flags (not sure which one).






erica

No comments:

Post a Comment