4.6.16

Bon Iver presents Cercle for Vivid Sydney


If this is the only bit of Vivid I get to see this year (I really hope it isn't) I will be satisfied. This is the Cathedral of Light situated in the Royal Botanic Garden this year for Vivid. It's a great place to take photos, people watch, stand in a crowd, ask someone to marry you, break up with someone (it's too pretty in there to cry in there), I mean the list is endless.





















I chose to take photos of Beth, because she is a major babe. I had taken my macro lens with me for my canon so I was keen to play photographer for a night. But this wasn't even the highlight of the night.



This was. Reliving one of the best nights of my life that happened in 2012 in Paris, seeing Bon Iver play live. Since London I have met so many incredible people and made so many beautiful memories and I won't lie I did cry a little during the show thinking back on all of this. But not as much as I thought I would considering everything that happened last year. I am so unbelievable strong as a person now and instead of wasting my time crying over the bad situations I thought about all the amazing people I am yet to meet and experiences that will be had. When I am old I feel that this is how I will be measuring my life story. Not by years or symbolic ages, but by the times I became whole again and realised who I was as a person. That happened in Paris that night, and it happened again last Monday night. Well it actually happened a while ago now, but it was during this concert that I truly had the time to sit back and realise how far I truly have come. But enough about me, look at the lighting for this show. No words.







If you can picture it, when he started singing this song was when I completely fell apart emotionally. 


















Considering the last time I saw him was at a much smaller and much intimate venue, the two shows were completely different. This was in the Opera House Concert Hall and was just spectacular, but the lighting was just as amazing at both shows. I really hope Bon Iver doesn't take another four year long hiatus.



I would like to take a moment to send love to all the beautiful souls who I've crossed paths with along the way. You've all helped me become the person I am today, and I couldn't be more grateful to you all, even the ones who left.



erica

No comments:

Post a Comment